Very loud chirping from wireless entry

I have a new 2004 Tacoma and was hoping someone where could save me a trip to the dealer. When I lock or unlock my truck it chirps very loud. Is there an easy way to lower the volume of the chirp (or even turn it off).

I would mind losing the chiming when the door is open and the key touches the ignition switch either, but the loud locking and unlocking chirp really needs to get fixed.

Does anyone here know how to adjust either (chirp more important) sound effect?

Thanks

Kevin

Reply to
astro_nutter

BBTACO

Look under the hood, perhaps near the brake booster (not sure where they put it on the Taco) and find a red cylinder wrapped in foam. It will have a hole in the end. Cover the hole with electrical tape.

--- Rich

Rich Lockyer

Thanks all,

The tape over the hole works a treat. Just the right volume.

Kevin

Reply to
astro_nutter