2002 Tundra back up lights

I'm looking to replace my back up lights with quartz halogen bulbs. The existing lamps are 921 anyone have any ideas or know of a replacement bulb??

Reply to
eswinsick

Upgrading the lamps will possibly cause excess heat buildup and warp or wreck your current lenses. Id add a pair of small halogens under the rear somewhere that you wont tear em off.

Reply to
Scotty

Great advice!

Also it would be best to add a relay with an alternate power source, don't try to run additional lights on the same circuit and add a bigger fuse, you'll burn wires. Just used the present back up circuit to turn on the coil of the relay.

Reply to
nospam