2003 4Runner-Doors self locking

My wife has a 03 4Runner with remote locking. Today we heard a beeping sound in the garage and I saw that the (Engine immobiliser/theft deterrent light) blinking on the dash, never did before.

I think my wife was squashing the remote in her purse and caused the beeping and the lights to blink. I think she also may have set the remote to lock the doors after 30 seconds, never did that before either.

I have read the manual and don't see where I can deactivate this feature, the doors locking by themselves. It's a nice feature but I am sure the keys will get locked inside.

Anyone know an answer? I will continue to read the manual

Thanks, Will

Reply to
Will Wright

As I can remember on my 2000 4Runner, the instructions you are looking for is not in your 4Runner manual but in the alarm instruction manual which is separate. This is where I found the alarm program features.

-Harlen

Will Wright wrote:

Reply to
Harlen Ng
4-11-04 1926 EDT

Could you sit in the 4Rnr with the key in the ignition & off to see if the doors will lock auto?

On my 98, I have a separate manual for the alarm system. Do you? Press on your dealer to get more info??

Keep us posted. Ed

Reply to
Ed Herman

My wife drove the 4Runner today and I just checked it in the garage. The alarm light is allways blinking but the doors now do not self lock. I have all the books and will check to see if there is one just on the alarm. Seems ok now. My wife had mentioned something about a ghost and her grandmother but I won't go there.

Thanks for the replys, Will

Reply to
Will Wright

You can't lock keys in ignition - its smart enough to know they are there. On seat or floor yes but not in the dash. You can program it to passively lock doors with 0, 15, 30 second delay.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Normally my Highlander doesn't self-lock the doors. However, if I unlock the doors but don't open one, they will re-lock by themselves after about 15 seconds.

Another nice feature is that I can't lock the doors (at least with the lock button on the door) if the door is open and the engine is running. The door automatically unlocks after being locked.

- Chuck

Reply to
Chuck G.

On both of our cars, a 98 Honda Accord and an 03 Toyota Land Cruiser, the doors will relock in 30 seconds if you unlock them and do not open any doors. I frequently accidently lock/unlock/hit panic alarm by activating buttons on the keys in my pocket during various body movements.

Dick Ballard snipped-for-privacy@att.net

Reply to
Dick Ballard