Tundra brake warning indicator

I have a 2001 Toyota Tundra with 25,000 miles.

This winter the brake warning indicator started lighting on the dashboard display when I would apply the brakes. This only occurs when it's cold (below freezing). The indicator is only lit when the brakes are applied, and only when it's cold. When the ambient temperature is above freezing the light will not come on.

The brakes seem to work ok all the time, even when the warning indicator is lit. The brake fluid level in the reservoir is normal.

Any ideas as to what is causing the warning indicator to come on during cold weather, and what I need to do about it?

Reply to
Cadre

The brake fluid is just a bit low due to the cold and wear on the pads.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton

Most likely, when it's cold the fluid contracts enough to cause the level to drop and trigger the low fluid light due to your pads being worn and due for replacement. Leave it alone and it'll start happening in warmer and warmer temps.

Either way, inspect your pads.

--- Rich

Rich Lockyer