2003 Tacoma Oil Filter Relocation?

Just changed the oil and filter on my 2003 Tacoma 4X4 (3.4l) today for the first time. Gotta say I hate the filter location; not so much for the ability to reach it well (can work with that) but with the mess it can make with all the pieces below the filter that can catch the dripping oil. I'd like to keep this truck clean underneath. Anybody know of a good filter relocation kit?

Reply to
CER

You could do what I do and just use a thick plastic bag or old 2 liter bottle with the top cut off and a coathanger handle fastened to the top, and hold it below the filter to catch it and any drips when removing it. I've saved myself a lot of mess this way, and didn't have to bother with buying or trusting a relocation kit. Dee

Reply to
Pookerz

The baggie trick works wonders on my Tundra, but on the Taco you're going to get some mess. I've heard some horror stories about the high oil pressure in the 3.4 blowing filter relocation kits... and of course, your warranty is history.

--- Rich

Rich Lockyer