2004 Tundra Cab

First time Toyota Owner. Have owned everything else under the sun, Honda Accord, Saab 9-3, Nissan Pathfinder, VW Jetta, Dodge Ram, GM Sonoma.

Bought a Fifth Wheel last summer and used the 99 Ram for the summer but have

2 children and didn't like the cramped rear seats and the way the doors opened. Looked at 4 door trucks this winter GM Sierra, Toyota Tundra, Dodge Ram.

Smooth engine and ride and the HUGE rear seating area are what sold us on the Tundra. Dodge was actually a better truck for hauling (7600 as opposed to 6700).

Will keep you posted in 6 months or so as to how it feels to own this monster.

Esty

Reply to
PCE

How does the Tundra compare to the Titan? Quality, hauling ability, durability? Nice truck, but too new yet for comparisons? 8-)

Reply to
Jeremiah

"Jeremiah" sez:

I was looking at both but went with the Tundra because ...

I percieved the Toyota to have the edge, particularly in the interior. It made me nuts the way the big dash top on the Titan would reflect up into the windshield when the sun hit it. A matte finish is the way to go on these surfaces Nissan designers, hello!

The Titan has the edge on capacity. My hauling needs are recreational so the Tundra has plenty for me.

Time will tell for the Titan, the Toyota is a design/engine/tranny with enough years behind it to be well proven.

The lockout specs that made me go for the Tundra was the full size adult comfy back seat and the > 6 ft. bed. With two teen boys eating/growing out of house 'n home, anything less that full size won't do it. The teeney weenie bed on the Titan 4-door just doesn't cut it for hauling motorcycles, camping in the back with the shell on nor a slide-in camper when the times comes.

Good shoppin' to ya, VLJ

Reply to
vlj

Wait till next year! Congrats one an outstanding purchase. As for the towing cap., it will be on par in the near future as we will upgrade the

4.7L V-8 with new plumbing , throttle body, and polyresin intake that WILL make that puppy scream. These will be factory standard, but I assume if you wanted the intake, it will be avail. aftermarket. By the way, look out in
Reply to
Kristofor Schmidt