2005 Tacoma - replacement rear window for camping? Cut it larger? Boot?

I have a 2005 Tacoma with a camper shell on the back. I'd like to increase the size of the opening of the sliding rear window. The basic idea is pull over at a rest stop or campsite while rain is dumping down, and be able to crawl in back to the comfy platform bed I've built.

The problem is that my shoulders are bigger than 12" across. But with a little scrunching, I think I can fit through a 15"x15" opening (which is what the 4 panel window affords on the camper shell).

One idea I had was to buy a 4 panel window for the cab, but nobody seems to carry a replacement window for a 2005 tacoma. All the replacement glass has the same opening size as the factory window.

Should I simply cut the window larger and install my own sliders?

I would consider removing the window alltogether but I want a waterproof/noise proof solution for the back of the cab. What have folks done there?

Thanks! --eric

Reply to
eric_peers

Forget that crazy idea. Get yourself one of these:

Amazing product. Put it on, run to the back of the truck, get in.

Reply to
Doug Kanter