2005 Toyota Tacoma TRO Off-Road 4x4 Transmission problems...

Aside from the ridiculous LED clock which can't be seen in the daytime,

and the dozens of other signs that no one really looked at the engineering on this truck before they sent it into production, my real complaint is the transmission. My transmission slips in the low gear if the engine is cold, or if you're turning a corner from a standstill,

or going up a hill from a standstill. Has anyone else experienced this? My truck has 12k on it, and this problem has been there from the

beginning. I haven't taken it in to the dealer because my truck is my livelihood, and I can't afford to be without it even for one day.

Reply to
ereuhan

Have you at least checked the fluid level. On some cars it is getting dificult because they don't think we need a dipstick

Reply to
sqdancerLynn
2005 Tacoma TRD: I haven't had any tranny problems but, there are a lot of odd things with my truck. Wimpy power window motors and w/wiper set ups. Cheesy bumpers and paper thin tailgate. I hope the "Bullet Proof" drive trains make up for the wimpy other things in the long run.
Reply to
Metal Daze

What's wrong with your wipers?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

They stuck to the windshield when the windshield was frosty, not icey. Service tech at the dealer fixed them saying the new trucks have wipers that are "Delicate"

Reply to
Metal Daze

On 20 Oct 2006 12:21:53 -0700, "ereuhan" found these unused words floating about:

Should have had it serviced at the time you did the other services ...

-=if=- you did.

Band slippage is easily 'fixed' early, costly later.

Reply to
Sir F. A. Rien

My 2005 had the tranny replaced. I have the 6 speed manual and @~10K miles the tranny would jump out of 4th gear. I also seam to get knocking or clunking noises form the rear of the truck while coming off of the clutch at lower speeds. My dealer claims there is nothing wrong. I'm convinced that if it's not completely broken the dealer will always say there is nothing wrong. Anyone else have similar problems?

Paul

Reply to
paul.flansburg

This begs the question..... What did you *DO* to it to break the gear box

*AND* the spiders in the rear dif??

I have a 2005 Tundra with the V-6 and 6 spd manual gear box that has 40,000 miles on it, I don't thrash it,

Reply to
Noon-Air

Reply to
paul.flansburg