2008 PreRunner break-in speeds

I am purchasing a new 2008 6 cyl. Tacoma prerunner, at what speeds do I "break it in". I will immediately be on major highway, driving 300 or so miles and the speed limit is 65/70, altho most people do 85 or better (I-5 calif.) S.F. to L.A. Thanks

Reply to
R/C Foster

The speeds listed in the manual will probably work fine.

Reply to
B A R R Y

If your going to travel at speeds that much lower than the rest of the traffic place a large sign in your rear window "PLEASE PASS" to warn others so they dont sit there on the horn.

What ever you do dont stay at the same speed for more than 5mins (It can glaze the bores causeing premature oil consumption etc). Vary your speeds from 40-70. IE take a few exits and jump striaght back on the freeway. This beds the motor in better than constant speeds. Dont be scared, drive it normally. Dont over rev or labor the motor for at least the first 100miles.

Reply to
Scotty

"R/C Foster" wrote in message news:vjz5j.30497$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr23.news.prodigy.net...

The cars good to go when you get it. Even if drove to it's limits, full throttle from the word go it could not effect the manufactures warranty.

Reply to
Danny G.

I always drive a new car the way i normally drive right from the start, nothing different. You should see the way the make-ready people at the dealer treat them. Full throttle starts to red line are common. Scott

-- Message posted using

information at

zonie

Check your manual to see what the max break-in speed for the 08 is. The important thing as others said is to VARY THE SPEED OFTEN while staying below the limit.

Some engines use 55 mph as the max, some 65 and some Europeans use 100 mph or none at all.

Reply to
johngdole