22re Motor...Problem with timing chain

I am rebuilding a 22re motor for my toyota pickup truck. The motor is the original. I bought a rebuilt head off of ebay that a guy had purchased from a junkyard and couldnt use due to his damaged cracked engine block. My old head kept chewing up cam shafts so I bought this head. I ended up rebuilding the whole motor because I had a knock in the motor that ended up being a spun bearing. When I had purchased the cam for my old head it came as a whole kit and included the timing chain and gears in it. Everything has been coming up great puting the motor together. My problem is the new chain I bought with the cam kit will not fit. I dont know if this is a different head from the one I had before. What I need is a longer chain. It is off by only 1 or 2 links. I just went to pep boys tonight to buy another timing chain incase mine was just a falty one. They are identical. I remember it being insanely tight with the old head too. I cant even get the sprocket on the cam with this head. Any ideas?

Reply to
grh7526