4runner front wheel bearing adjustment

The book shows doing this with a spring tensionometer. I went to 2 auto parts stores and nobody every heard of such a tool and couldn't find it in the catalog. Is there another way to do this like the old way of tightening then loostening 1/4 turn?

Reply to
chuck

I offer a few other techniques on my axle rebuild page:

One is to use a plain old "fishing" scale, or a torque wrench and a tightening/loosening sequence.

Reply to
Roger Brown

Roger, nice site you got there. Looks like another one of those great place to get lost in over a couple of cups and a lazy afternoon. Stuck you in the Favorites.

Reply to
1 Of The Masses