4Runner fuel line

OK, the fuel line was rusted through and came out in 3 pieces. Now getting the factory part back in seems impossible. Does the side of the truck have to be jacked to get the replacement line in?

Reply to
Insp. Gadget

Should be able to replace the hard line from below. You may need to drain and lower the gas tank to gain access to the clamps that are behind it, at least that is what I recall when I last had my tank down (drain is behind the skid plate, 6 bolts hold the skid plate up, 6 more hold the tank, loosen and remove the fuel pump from the access panel under the rear seat - 1st gen 4Runner assumed).

Reply to
Roger Brown

Looks like the later 4Runners have to have the body lifted off the frame. Unfortunately, one of the mounts turns in the body. Is there a way to fix this? Time to tow it to a mechanic?

Reply to
Insp. Gadget

Year wasn't specified, so I made a guess. You should be able to get a wrench/socket/vice grips on the top of the bolt of each and every body mount bolt. Some have anti-rotation tabs on them, some don't. I have some information on lifting the body on the 1st-3rd generation 4Runners below:

Roger Brown

I guessed wrong that the bolts were sandwiched between sheet metal. The bolt came easily. Thanks.

Reply to
Insp. Gadget