4Runner questions

Greetings.

I'm in the market for either a used 4Runner or RAV4. I drove a 4Runner which I really liked: a '98 SR5. 110k miles, seems to be in near-perfect condition; looks new, drives great. However, I've never owned a Toyota before; should I be a bit afraid of buying something with 110k miles on it?

I'd also love to hear opinions on 4Runners from owners.

Thanks in advance,

-kk

Reply to
kk

check these forums out

toyota-4runner.org

yotatech.com

good luck Jeff

Reply to
Jeff S.

"kk" wrote in news:0IJKb.23630$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Hell no. I bought my 2nd gen ('91) with 170K. I use it as a daily driver and take it offroading too. Love it. I figure it'll go at least that again, to 340K.

I also own a RAV4. I think the 4Runner is a little stronger and it has a shiftable transfer case, which makes it a little more versatile.

2nd gens are the best. :) Check out
Come over to the dark side. LOL
Reply to
Rich

My '92 V6 5spd has over 250,000 km on it and runs as if it were new. No problems...ever.

Richard.

Pooh - it isn't even broke in yet. Go 4Runner Is a RAV4 even considered an SUV?

Reply to
Lane

I own an 87 and an 88 4 Runner.The 22 RE is absolutely bullet proof. The

88 has 340K and the 87 has 300K. I love these trucks and if you are the least bit mechanically inclined most jobs can be done at home. It is -20C here today and they both start every day no problem. If you are looking for a good,quality vehicle that will last forever you cant go wrong with the 4 runner. Drives great on road and will get through just about anything off.
Reply to
macleod2104