'88 Pickup Seat Swap

I'm thinking about swapping a set of bucket seats into my '88 Toyota standard cab pickup and am wondering if the floor pan is different from the one used in pickups made for bucket seats.

In other words, if I could get the bucket seats and hardware, is there a lot of other fiddly work involved, or is it pretty straight forward?

Thanks...

Reply to
TOM

While I've never tried to do a swap on that old of a unit, typically the pans are the same ('tho you usually have to probe around with an icepick to find the right bolt holes).

Reply to
Andy Hill

Thank you. I think I'll do a little under-seat investigation. One advantage (I think) is that my pickup has vinyl mats instead of carpet...

Reply to
TOM

I have a friend that swapped some buckets from an sr5 4 runner into his 85 sigle cab pickup and he said they just plopped right in no hassle. I should be seeing him on tuesday and can ask him more about it if you like.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Reply to
DruG