1994 pickup torsion bar lowering..

Hi..first post for me. I am thinking of lowering my 94 toyota pickup. it has torsion bars on the front. if i want to lower it lets say 3", is it ok to just crank those down. will this throw off my caster and camber as well as my alignment. Or is a set of drop spindles the way to go here? Also, is it possible to add a turbo to something with electronic fuel injection without throwing everything in the computer way off...just wondering..Thanks, chip

Reply to
chip

amy time you mess with the suspension you'll screw up the alignment. but it's cheap to go to an alignment shop to get it fixed. i lifted my '89 (same suspension as yours) 1" by cranking the tbars and that was enough to visually notice a camber change. i'm sure if you go down 3" you'll see something pretty drastic

if your '94 has the 22re, then look at getting a computer from the

22rte, they came from the factory with a turbo. otherwise, you'll be spending lots of money to get everything tuned right.
Reply to
Mike Deskevich