89 FJ-62 Won't start

Any help is much appreciated.

I'm no mechanic but am trying to not pay to tow truck to garage.

The engine turns over but there is no spark coming from coil. I've replaced the coil and igniter which did not take care of the problem. Any other basics that should be checked? I see an ignition relay in the fuse block, but it 'appears' to be okay. Not sure if these things fail.

Lastly, the truck has 210K miles and ran great one day and no start the next.

Robert

-- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Robert Netsch snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net or

Reply to
Robert Netsch

Not sure if that engine has the same electrinic sensor in the distributor that triggers the ignitor, but that would be something else to check. Also try posting the question on the FJ-60 forums at:

Roger Brown

Robert, do you get a check engine light with the key on, engine off? If not, suspect the EFI main relay,(MREL)

Reply to
MDT Tech®