90-94 Yota Steering Rod Recall?

Any one get the letter which was supposed to be out in mid-sep on the steering rod (connector piece?) I'm original owner and haven't moved

Reply to
Wolfgang

I've had a lot of customers say the same thing. Call your local dealer and give them your VIN, they can tell you in a few seconds whether you are in range for it. You don't need the letter to get it done if your truck needs it.

Reply to
qslim

Not all vehicles were affected by the recall. If you call Toyota and give them your VIN, they can tell you if your vehicle was part of the recall.

Reply to
DeepDiver

"DeepDiver" wrote in news:NJI4f.2730$ snipped-for-privacy@typhoon.sonic.net:

I received a recall notice in today's mail for my 1989 SR5.

SSC 50N Steering Relay Rod Replacement Safety Recall Notice

"On the involved vehicles, if the steering wheel is repeatedly turned under certain conditions where high steering effort is required, for instance, when fully turning the wheel while the vehicle is stopped, a fatigue crack may develop in the Steering Relay Rod. In the worst case the Steering Relay Rod may fracture, causing a loss of vehicle steering control and thus increasing the possibility of a crash".

Sounds serious to me.

Reply to
Roy Zimmerman