91 4runner

Is there anyone out there intersted in a 91 4runner that needs a little work...actually, engine work.

Toyota rebuilt the original engine at 86,000 miles under campaign...at 136,000 the same thing happened. Without warning it overheated and our mechanic says it needs to be rebuilt again.

It is in excellent condition otherwise. We have changed the oil every 3,000 miles or less. It is rust free.

I am located in Central Ohio.

Laurie

Reply to
cautious1

V6? Do a quick check with Toyota since some of the "rebuilds" they did years ago used a faulty head gasket -- you may find they will redo the job. Not sure if there was a time or mileage limit but its worth a call. They will need the VIN.

Toyota rebuilt the original engine at 86,000 miles under campaign...at

136,000 the same thing happened. Without warning it overheated and our mechanic says it needs to be rebuilt again.

It is in excellent condition otherwise. We have changed the oil every 3,000 miles or less. It is rust free.

I am located in Central Ohio.

Laurie

Reply to
Wolfgang

They did a bunch of head gasket replacements and then found the first redesigned replacement gasket wasn't holding, they had to redesign the gasket a second time. It's worth your time to check with a dealer.

And even without a recall, if you're thinking about selling this one and buying new, think again. If you are basically happy with this car it'll cost around $3000 to fix it and keep driving it another 5 years, versus 5 years of new car payments and tripling your insurance rates on a new car.

Keep this car, and put the payment money you would have spent in the bank. When it finally dies, you can go buy the next car with cash.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Reply to