1994 oil change 1994 4Runner

Where is the bolt to drain the oil? I have no manuals.

What is a good manual to purchase for a 1994 4Runner?

Thanks for any assistance ...

Raul

Reply to
rh

Raul,

The oil drain plug is located at the bottom of the oilpan, 14mm I believe. When you put it back in the pan before you add new oil, make sure you remember the nylon gasket, and be careful not to overtighten the plug. I would stick to using a wrench.

Taking the old filter off is a messy job, at least with my 4WD model, as the skid plate is in the way. Oil goes everywhere.

I bought the factory service manual for my 94 4Runner. You may be able to find used sets on ebay. I don't know about any other manuals.

Good luck.

Bill Chesapeake, VA

Reply to
bill

Use the plastic bag method to reduce oil spill. Get a plastic grocery bag and cover the old oil filter. Slowly turn the filter until it is free. Most of the oil will spill into the plastic bag. You will still have some oil come out of the fixture, but it still reduces the amount of oil you have to clean out. I suggest to let the engine cool enough so it's easy to handle. Also removing the skid plate will make the job a bit easier.

Reply to
Joseph Wind

Reply to
scott and barb

Thanks to all of you who answered. I will take off the skid plate, use a bag for the filter and will try the 14mm socket. Haynes sounds good to me. I used the Haynes manual with my subaru a while ago.

Thanks again ...

Reply to
rh