92 4 Runner emergency brake

I have a 92 with a broken front cable. Are there any tricks, hints anyone could give as far as replacing that cable? Thanks in advance! Arthur

Reply to
RoseOptics

Not really. Those are a pain in the ass. Have fun.

Reply to
qslim

Thanks, that's what I expected. Probably have to turn upside down in the seat to get under the dash. Head on floor. Sounds like great fun. It's my wifes 4 Runner BTW.

Reply to
RoseOptics

You know, there actually is one hint I can think of. The 92 has the pull handle in the dash, no? Well, when you take that sucker out, you will see a small pin that holds the cable leads to the handle. Its flat on the end that sticks out, tricking you into thinking you can twist it to remove it. But if you do, it'll break, and you have to get a new handle as well. You have to punch it out with a punch and hammer from the rear.

Reply to
qslim

On my 87, I push in a pin under the dash with my fingers, then removed the cable from inside the engine compartment on the firewall. It was really simple once I found the release pin, and required no tools that I remember.

Reply to
chuck