4Runner Maintenance Question (O2 Sensor)

Upon reading my Owners Manual Supplement, I noticed that it states that Toyota will replace the O2 sensor for free at 128000Km. This applies to trucks with a 3VZ-E engine. My questions is, what engine model is in my

1996 4Runner SR5 V6 manual?? If it is the above engine code....will this free O2 sensor apply to me...being the second owner? thanks
Reply to
Chad G

I believe 95 was the last year of the 3VZ-E engine

Reply to
slikrikd

The emission info sticker under your hood will give you the model number of the engine. Any extended factory warranty of this type applies to the current owner of the vehicle at the time.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton

In the US market 96 is the first year for the 5VZFE 3.4L V6 --- the 3VZE

3.0L V6 was from 88-95. My 90 22RE 4 4Runner got a free O2 sensor replacement at 80k miles per the owners manual. Ask your dealer - if it was ever done - if not they should do it -- its emmissions not based on owners.
Reply to
Wolfgang

Chad,

I have the same 4 runner as you, I'd be curious to hear if you got the new

02 sensor or not, Dave

Reply to
JimmySchmittsLovesChocolateMilk

Actually it's 95 1/2 were the 3rd gen 4Runners with 5VZFE engines. They were introduced mid year for some odd reason. Then again, I once own a 85 1/2 944, but I digressed.

Reply to
Joseph Wind