93 clutch pedal assy problem

My son has a 93 Toy p/u, 4wd that just had a strange problem. It was working fine, but from a stop he went to push in the clutch and a strange sound (snapping) happened and no clutch movement. Pedal won't return from the floorboard. We thought the master cylinder but no luck. Took it to a mechanic and he said the pedal bracket is bent out of shape and won't allow enough force to operate the clutch. Said the firewall is known to be flimsy. Sounds kind of hokey to me. Anyone have any experiences like this or any ideas? Thanx Rick

Reply to
Rick

Yes it is common for the clutch petal bracket to crack. Buy a new one and have it welded in is the answer.

Reply to
Wolfgang