CLUTCH PEDAL ??

Hey, just got a 95 Saturn SL2. It's a 5 speed and today the car wouldn't shift. Seems the pedal (?) rod fell away from the firewall. Is this possible? I guess I got my cowboy boot caught on it and pulled the pedal forward and broke the car. There are two plugs that seem to go nowhere and the previous owner has is also nowhere to be found; disappeared after he said "Yeah, that happened to me once." So, can you guys/gals tell me, is there a spring that goes to this pedal, what gives it tension and where do those plugs go? Is this a major problem or am I just lucky enough to buy a "lemon"???

Reply to
nrutas

user

Thanks. I did find a spring in the book but couldn't on the pedal. But that makes sense that it is in the dash; that's why I couldn't find it.

Also, strange as this sounds with the rod simply put back into the firewall the vehicle is running again. It shifts hard. So I guess I need to see if I can replace the spring before attempting to replace the shifter, etc. Everyone so far is telling me that the transmission is gone. How can that be when I am driving the vehicle??

Reply to
nrutas