Fiesta L 91 Slipping Clutch + self-adjuster. Insight required.

Hi,

I am about a week away from getting the clutch on my sub-par Fiesta changed - its slipping pretty badly. I have been told that once the clutch itself is fixed, the problem of the clutch pedal suddenly snapping to the floor at high revs in any gear (bringing the clutch out instantly) will also stop. Is this true? I know it is the self-adjusting mechanism that i'm falling off the bottom of, but is this relative to the slipping clutch or a separate problem? If I need to have this fixed too, is it the sort of thing that should be done at the same time?

Cheers, Tom.

Reply to
Tom Hawley

this is two problems, get them both done at the same time.

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

no the ratchet assembly is a bastard of a job look to the garage screwing you over something rotten for something that costs £4 to buy for the fitting cost get a quote before hand, pay the money if it's less than an hours labour, leave them to it

it's taken me 5 hours on an escort and 4 hours on a sierra just for your information (and I know what I'm doing) it's a killer on your back

the other problem you may have is that the clutch bracket has bent, another hard job to replace

the snapping of the clutch pedal is only there to readjust the clutch pedal once you have fitted a new cable, and it involves pulling the pedal to the top and then letting it go rather than side stepping it "in any gear" as you say you can do it with the engine off, it's not as if anything happens when the engine is running that affects anything the pedal movement does :)

Reply to
dojj