Dead Homelink

I have a 2003 Sequoia and the homelink just recently stopped working. No lights or anything when I press any of the buttons. The map lights work, so it isn't the fuse. Of course, it isn't covered by the extended warranty, so my question is this: Is the home link from other toyotas a box that plugs into the external controls, or is it all built in there together? The gist of my question, is can I fix it myself by finding a part somewhere, or do I have to let the dealership do it? Thanks for any help.

Doug

Reply to
underscoregoeshere