'93 sr-5 xtra cab v-6 has a rough idle

Please help me out . My truck has developed an idle problem that I cant fix. It starts easily but has a surging idle. So far Ive changed the plugs and fuel filter. It also has a hesitation problem. Seems like the engine is "missing." Any help would be appreciated. Blayne

Reply to
blayne

Did you use Bosch plugs? They just don't seem to work in Yota engines --- stick with NGK or Nippondenso. Whne were plug wires, rotor and distr cap changed> Stick with OEM there. Clean throttle body and add bottle of Chevron Techrpn to clean injectors. Thats about all you can do on your own.

Reply to
Wolfgang

blayne how many miles do you have on the engine? also do you notice any vibration under a load while accelorating like up a long grade at high speed( the vibration is almost like a tire out of balance slightly)? when the engine is at idle look at it, is it rocking? like the mounts might be worn? if so you might get a compression tester and take a hour to two and do a compression test and make sure your compression is ok

I had the above symtoms on my mine and went nuts trying to find it, i did the cap rotor plugs and wire thing, including some other trouble shooting, the problem was the engine appeared to run fine, just the vibration under load and abnormal rocking at idle. well when i finally did a compression test i found the number cylinder was flat, once i got over the denial stage i pulled the rockers and found no clearance on the #4 exhuast, I then pulled the head and found the number 4 exhuast valve beat pretty bad into the seat on the head. I exhanged it for a rebuild head (just on that one side) and that was about

60,000 miles ago and its been fine and smooth since, but it sure drove me nuts till i figured it out john PS I have 235,000 on my V6 now, knock on wood
Reply to
WB7DOJ