03 Tacoma E.C.U. Replacement? MDT Tech?

My local dealer has had my truck for 3 business days now, to replace the ECU. They say it is taking this long because they have to program all the controls into the computer. Is this correct?

My understanding of the engine control system was that it is plug and go so to speak, with all controls in the computer saved in static memory. Then after time saving a history of driving style and / or local conditions.

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
Mike Th...

Hi-

Do you have a repair manual? Did you see what it says?

I am hoping that it won't take too long to get an answer. How many days as it been?

Oscar

Reply to
oscar jean