960 rough idle

My 93 960 developed rough idle lately, but only when it's warmed up. I changed all spark plugs but it didn't help much. Has any of you had the same problem with the same model. Thanks.

Reply to
Antek

Spray some water out of a hand spray bottle around where the intake manifold bolts to the head. (The idle will change if the gasket is bad.) These engines are notorious for blowing out that gasket. If not there, look around for other vacuum leaks.

Reply to
Mike F

Agreed, if your intake manifold gasket is the original one (or original design), it's time for a new one.

Other things to think about include the wiring (yeah the 960 had wiring harness problems), various sensors (maybe the coolant temp sensor or camshaft position sensor), etc.

Check the brickboard's 700/900 FAQ (and 960 forum) for more suggestions.

- alex

'85 244 Turbo

Reply to
DMD1310