94 toyota 4x4 pickup. 4x4 not will not engage

I have a 94 toyota 4x4 ext. cab pickup, 4 wheel drive was working fine yesterday. I tryed to engage it today and it will not kick in.?? 2h works fine. even when I engage it into 4 low it will chage the gearing but will not kick the 4 wheels in... any sugestions would be great thanks.....

Reply to
jay24

Rocky

Assuming that you have the Automatic Differential Disconnect front axle, have a look at the folling web page for information on troubleshooting and repairing the system:

usually a problem with a vacuum line connection.

-- Roger

Reply to
Roger Brown

I have a 94 toyota 4x4 ext. cab pickup, 4 wheel drive was working fine yesterday. I tryed to engage it today and it will not kick in.?? 2h works fine. even when I engage it into 4 low it will chage the gearing but will not kick the 4 wheels in...

any sugestions would be great thanks.....

======== ======= jay, was ANY work done on the truck yesterday?

Is the 4wd indicator on the instrument panel coming on? The indicator light that's under the speedo area, just next to where the ABS light lights up when you cut on the ignition.

What's the chances you were playing off-road yesterday and could have disconnected a wire or a vac hose?

If you're sure that the t-case is shifting and the front driveshaft is turning, but the front tires are not pulling......then I would check for vacume at the front differential connector first. Sounds like you lost it somehow, or the internal bags are blown inside the diff.

~:~ MarshMonster ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

The indicator light is not coming on, I have not had any work done to it latly. I had the 4 wheel drive on for about hour and a half due to road conditions.. is it posible that the cold wheather might have somehow froze it up and it just needs to be dethawed ? ... I have checked the vacume lines under the hood they seems to be working fine.

Reply to
jay24