95 4runner engine swap question

The manual says to remove transmission with the engine. It also says to try to leave the xfer case connected to the transmission? I dont think this is possable.

I am planning to remove engine alone. will it be hard to get back in? Does anyone have any ideas, tips, of usfull information?

Thank You!

Michael

Reply to
mcory

"mcory" wrote: > The manual says to remove transmission with the engine. It > also says to try to leave the xfer case connected to the > transmission? I dont think this is possable. > > I am planning to remove engine alone. will it be hard to get > back in? > Does anyone have any ideas, tips, of usfull information? > > Thank You! > > Michael

it is a V6, with a manual transmission.

Reply to
mcory

Way too heavy and awkward with trans/transfer still attached - I'd separate the trans from the engine and leave it under the vehicle (will need to probably disconnect the rear cross member and the drive shafts (careful fluid will come out the rear). There are good instuctions on doing this under clutch replacement at the Yota 4x4 web site. You will need some long extentions (3-4 feet) to get the top bolts.

Reply to
Wolfgang

The engine will come out and go in fairly easy even when you leave the trans in place.

Reply to
mdouglas

You wiull njot need to remove anything fron the transmission itself except for the the Throttle cable (if it has one), the bolt for the dipstick (if it is automatic) and of coarse the mounting bolts. Every thing else can remain connected. (drive line, shifter, trans cooler lines, ect.)

Reply to
mdouglas