95 Toyoto 4runner engine swap- Help

The manual says to remove transmission with the engine. It also says to try to leave the xfer case connected to the transmission? I dont think this is possable.

Oh yea, it is a V6 with a manual transmission

I am planning to remove engine alone. will it be hard to get back in? Does anyone have any ideas, tips, of usfull information?

Thank You!

Michael

Reply to
Mike

Mike, I just swapped the 22RE engine in my 89 Toyota Pickup. Since I'm a computer geek by trade, this isn't something that I do on a regular basis. My advice is to put the bolts and parts in brown bags and label them with a marker. Don't assume that you will remember where any bolts go. Also, take LOTS of pictures with a digital camera for reference as you re-assemble.

I purchased a medium and a fine wire wheel for my grinder and cleaned every single part.

I did not take the transmission out with the engine. I needed to use a flexing z-shaped wratchet on the bell housing bolts.

Reply to
ag2

Just went through the same thing last fall with my 95 4Runner. Difference is mine was an auto trans. Leave the trans in place. It will unbolt and the engine will slide off. Did not take the radiator out either. Use a good chain hoist that gives plenty of clearence. Document the vacume lines on the passenger side. Draw a diagram and lable each one. We got two swapped and was a pain to trace down. Take your time and do the digitial photos also. Nothing like pictures to refresh your memory. I used a long block from Orient Engine, 3 year unlimited milage warranty. Engine and shipped to my door for $1800.00 overnight.

Look to spend all day getting it out and another day to get it back in.

C.

Reply to
C.