95 4runner erratic speedo and shifting problem

Hi I just heard from my little brother that his 4runner has been popping out of gear and shifting erraticly and also at the same time is speedo is acting weird it seems to work sometimes and not work other times and sometimes it will not read correctly and operates erratically

im hoping these (speedo and tranny)are related to each other and that if i fix the speedo problem it will fix the shifting trouble as they started the same time was hoping to get some feedback here from you guys and see what you thought i dont have all the details on the truck but i think its all electronic tranny... any help is appreciated! thanks

Matt

Reply to
Matt