Chiltons says 20.4 qts gear oil in front diff?!?!

I'm checking/changing fluids and everything to get ready for the winter season on my '90 4Runner 22RE 4wd. I was just going over the capacities in the Chilton manual and it states, not once, not twice, but 3 times that the '89, '90 and '91 4Runners with ADD take 20.4 quarts of gear oil in the front differential. While the trucks of same years, engine and differential use 2.0. Over 5 gallons of gear oil in a differential?! Tell me this is a gross typo!

Mike

Reply to
mazdaman85

Newintowntoo

Kind of sounds like the person who wrote the manual had ADD... :>))

Tom - Vista, CA

Reply to
TOM