96' 4-Runner

I would like to get some input on other peoples 96' 4-Runners. I want to fix mine up too.

Reply to
Dan Cargo

Try the following two web forums:

-- Roger

Reply to
Roger Brown

I had a 96 and a 97 wish I never got rid of them now. They were great vehicles and not a lick of trouble form either one.

My last 4-Runner was a 2000 amd the only reason I got rid of it was because I was hit by another vehicle going 45 mph and I did not believe it would ever be the same after that wreck.

NT

Reply to
Hey There

We haven't done much to our 96. We felt it necessary to add Bilstein shocks, fender flares (ours is a base model for the most part) and a roof rack. The dealership upgraded the rims when we bought it and we've improved on their choice of mud and snow tires by getting BFG TAKO's on it. They also did the recall on the rear suspension, removing what sag was visible. A K&N air filter was also added 5 years ago with no adverse effects to date (there's controversy as to what good/harm they cause.) We do have plans to renew the upholstery (three kids wreak havoc on fabric and carpet) and get it repainted, possibly go so far as to convert it to 4wd if we can justify it. We have the stock speakers which have only in the past month begun to buzz. Cosmetically I can't see doing much to it aside from the repaint and interior- and that's more for preservation than upgrade. We're still iffy on whether we 'need' a center protector/bull bar/brush guard with lights or just 'want' one to beef it up. A third row seat might also be something we add (no minivans for this family goshdarndit!) IF we need more seating capacity. She's a bit bare bones but she's family and takes care of us well. :) Wouldn't trade her for the world.

Reply to
Pookerz