98 Tacoma Starter Problem

Hey all,

I'd appreciate some opinions on this less than exciting topic. I'm not very mechanically inclined but my brother-in-law offered to help me out on this one.

The starter on my truck is just about dead. Should I replace the entire starter or just the core? I've also read about people just replacing the contacts. Also should I go with OEM from the dealer or aftermarket?

Thanks in advance. Chris

Reply to
Chris S

for about 15 bucks, try the contacts. seems to work most times.

Reply to
tbuggle