A/C idle-up not working on 22RE

My toyota pickup used to idle faster when turning on the air conditioner, now it doesn't. I know it's controlled by the big hex screw, but turning it while the a/c is on doesn't make any difference. Is it something I can take apart and clean if need be, or do I have to change it?

Reply to
edguidry

What year truck?

Is the AC compressor clutch actually engaging? What is the idle RPM with and without the AC engaged?

Reply to
Ray O

Yes, the compressor engages. I'm not sure about the rpm, as I don't have a tach, but when the AC engages, the RPM drops a bit.

Reply to
edguidry

If a/c magnet clutch is ok, then check a/c idle-up vsv.

Reply to
btokfans