20R no fire

I have a 76 Toyota pickup with 196000 miles. I went to start the truck and it would just turn over. I suspected the points, which I gave a slight adjustment, and it just turned over again. I checked the coil wire to the distributior and there was not a spark when I tried to crank it. I replaced the coil, but there is not a spark from the coil wire. Is there anything other than the ignitor that would keep me from getting a spark?

Thanks, DRB

76 toyota pickup
Reply to
DRB

Make sure there's power getting to the coil...you could have a bad ignition switch or a loose/broken wire.

jc

Reply to
jbclem