Backup Lights - '94 4Runner

How do I take the lights off of the tailgate of my '94 4Runner? (The lights are directly adjacent to the license plate.) I have removed the exposed screws, but now I don't know how to remove it. My manual only shows the other configurations of the backup lights. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
dmasisp

Once you remove the screws, the lights will come out directly toward you. The metal studs on the backside may be rusted somewhat and are making it harder to remove. You may need a wide slotted screwdriver or small prybar to "gently" coax them out without cracking them. There is a stud near the top and one near the bottom.

Reply to
mazdaman851