beep when door is opened (1999) Tacoma

When I open the driver door it starts beeping like I left key in or lights on? 21,000 miles. Thanks Ken

Reply to
Ken

Is your ignition switch (key hole) sticking? When my key wore down, I could remove it without having to turn the igition switch all the way back to off. I think your steering wheel will only lock when the igition sw is all the way in the off position, just a way to verify.

-PM

Reply to
Patrick Moore

I have a 2001 Tacoma Prerunner and I just started having the same "Mystery Electrical" problem. With mine, the door chime just starts chiming for no reason even when the doors are shut and the power window locks don't work. It might do this for a few days and then all of a sudden it will start working again like normal. I've taken it to 2 different dealers and neither one could find the problem. It is frustrating!

Reply to
KimNW1215