BG Products Lifetime warrenty

Any body have any experience with this warranty? My dealer is offering this ,along with my deal towards, my 2009 RAV 4 . He claims its FREE for the life of the vehicle. Of course you must maintain your vehicle, with his services. E.G. Oil changes for 39.95, checks every 10,000 miles, wiper blades, tires, ball joints, etc. SEEMS LIKE IT ISN'T FREE, NOTHING IS FREE! All this stuff at highly inflated prices!

Reply to
acforn

BG products and services are top quality and doing their flushes will protect expensive systems such as the auto transmission, cooling system, power steering etc. They're not cheap though. Call BG directly to inquire about their warrenty program for newer cars. I believe it is available for cars with less than 50000 miles and, of course, you have to follow their recommended flushes. However, you may be able to have those services done wherever you want and not be tied to one dealer who'll soak you for everything he does. If you shop around you'll find significant differences in cost for BG services and products. Good luck. Al

Reply to
al

Don't know about the warranty, but the products are TOP NOTCH. BG stands for "Bearings and Gears" . Some of the best "preventative maintenance" products made.

Reply to
clare

When I purchased my 1998 Corvette it had 32,000 miles on it, and when I too k it to my mechanic (who has serviced my cars for years, to a high level of quality), he recommended BG services, and trusting him immensely I had him perform all services. Shortly afterwards my water pump went out and the co mpany paid full replacement costs ($650.00). So, my experience has been a p ositive one.

Read the companies warranty/service plan carefully, as to maintain the warr anty long-term, follow up services need to be carried out at specific inter vals. Yes, they are not inexpensive, but to me it's cheaper than paying out of pocket for repairs on vehicles which are expensive to maintain. I recen tly had all BG services performed on my BMW M3, and knowing repair costs fo r this thing, I now have a high level of comfort that should any mechanical failure occur I will be spared having to take out a second mortgage to get it fixed.

Reply to
danesull45

Their 44k product is excellent, and their automatic transmission fluid conditioner as well. I used to use a lot of their stuff when I was in the business. Their "tune up" product was a lower concentration version of the 44k and we used it on every "major tuneup" I cannot remember the name of their oil conditioner we used to maintain quiet hydraulic lifters, but it kept the lifters on the old chevy inline sixes quiet, and also kept the valve train on Ford 351M engines from going bad and kept the 232 and 258 AMC engines fromgetting "dry" rocker shafts from gumming up the passage around the #5? head bolt.

Reply to
clare