Blower Resistor for 1990 Pickup

I have a 1990 2wd 22R pickup.

The fan only runs in high. I have removed the blower resistor and 2 of the resitive coils are open.

Does anyone kown the values of these resistive coils and what type of metal is used?

Thanks

Reply to
~~bad

The resistors are in the 1 ohm range, cold, but likely a fairly high wattage, I imagine they may even be made of something like nichrome (heating element wire). You can get a replacement resistor pack from Toyota:

get one out of a junkyard truck.

Reply to
Roger Brown

You can't repair it for any less than it costs to get a new one from the dealer parts counter. It's nichrome heater wire, and has to be TIG welded or specially crimped at the connections to take the heat.

Mass Production is the key here.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

go to TOYOTA buy a NEW ONE for a few dollars.

Reply to
Im Right