Rover 214 blower motor resistor pack location

Hi all,

Settings 1 and 2 on the wife's Rover 214 blower motor don't work, I guess part of the resistor pack has gone open circuit, does anyone know where it is located on this model ?

Rover 214 P reg

Regards,

Paul.

Reply to
Paul Whitmore

Not done it but apparently you have to remove the glove box. You will thne be able to remove the muiltiplug from the resistor pack, which is secured to the top of the heater by two screws.

To remove the glove box. Release two turnbuckles and remove the lower closing panel. Remove two screws securing glove box to fascia.

HTH

Andy Pandy To e-mail, address hopefully, self-explanatory !

Reply to
Andy Pandy

I might have dived in ! That's for the latest shape 200.

Andy Pandy To e-mail, address hopefully, self-explanatory !

Reply to
Andy Pandy

When I read an online review of the old 214 his blower didn't work unless it was set to 2. On my Rover 214 my blower doesn't work until it's set to 2 or above.

Perhaps it's a "feature"

--Nick.

Reply to
Nick

On almost any car the 1 circuit is used for speeds 1, 2 and 3. The 2 circuit is used for speeds 2 and 3. The 3 circuit is used only for speed 3. Therefore 1 fails first because it's used most.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

If you haven't got to the resistor pack yet, it might be easier to check the switch first. Mine fell apart, stopped working on 1 first, then the other settings. Just a thought.

Reply to
Bob Davis

Not in this case, speed 4 (the highest) is a direct ground path from the blower motor, speed 3 introduces 1 resistor, speed 2 introduces another (2 in series) and speed 1 introduces another (i.e. 3 resistors in series), therefore the resistor associated with speed 3 is used the most (because it is in circuit for all speeds except 4).

My guess is that resistor 2 is open circuit as speed 1 and 2 don't work.

I have checked the switch and that is ok.

So where is the resistor pack on this model ?????

Paul.

Reply to
Paul W