brake light

My rear right brake light stays on constantly when I have my lights on. When I put my brakes on my left light goes as bright as the right, but
then dims like it is supposed to when I let off the brake. The right one stays the same brightness though. It is like I have my emergency brake on, but I don't, and that is the only side that lights up like that. If anyone else has encountered this problem please tell me what I can do or what is wrong. Thx
SilverCobra wrote:

Have you recently replaced bulb? If so, the bulb could be in backwards or 180deg off. The next logical think of is a short in wiring. HTH, davidj92
are you wired for a trailer? sometimes the converter box between where you tapped into the taillights and the trailer plug goes bad. mine did.
I almost hate to admit that it was this simple but it was just in wrong. I took it out and turned it around 180 degrees and now it works fine. Thanks
SilverCobra wrote:

Don't feel bad, even the most experienced will do this sometimes. :-) davidj92