brakes groan when coming to a stop

My 2003 4Runner makes this groaning sound when coming to a stop. It starts to happen when I'm almost to a complete stop and goes on until I've stopped completely. It almost sounds like wet or muddy bicycle brakes. I've checked the pads and they've got pleanty of meat on them and I've tried using brake parts cleaner with no luck. Any ideas or suggestions?

Some details on my 4Runner - 2003 4x4 sport with 70k miles on it. Very little off roading thus far...just a few forest roads. Most of my driving is to and from work on the highway.

Thanks

Reply to
matgookin

I'd try the special grease available on the pins that hold the pads in the calipers. Just pull tires then pis and wirebrush them and coat with the grease (caliper pin grease?)

Reply to
Wolfgang

didst type:

I and others have had the same symptoms on Tundras from the rear drums. Blowing out the brake dust helps somewhat. Do you have rear drum or disk brakes?

Blah

Reply to
blah

Reply to