258 rebuild, exhaust manifold

rebuilt a 258 and went to put on the manifolds and the exhaust manifold holes do not line up. Appears that the manifold has warped, any tricks to getting this back on short of buying a new one, $600 from dealer?

Reply to
happy jeeper

I'm a little confused now. When I removed the manifolds from the head, they were two separate pieces.

OF, it is excellent to have a giant's strength; but it is tyrannous to use it like a giant.

Reply to
happy jeeper

You have an older one then?

The later models have the intake and the exhaust bolted together.

If you go to any engine rebuilder, they have this big belt sander thing that they can run the manifold across to make it flat again. If it has warped beyond that, then you might be looking at replacing it.

Mike

happy jeeper wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Less then $200 at 4WD.com

Reply to
Retiredff

I've got a free one for you if you want it. It's from an '89 YJ 4.2. I swapped in a header from a Cherokee a few years back. It has about 90K on it but it's fine. I'm in New Orleans. Jim

88 Grand Wagoneer 89 Wrangler 00 Grand Cherokee
Reply to
Jim Boucher

thanks boys found one at 1aautomotive.com, $119 and thank for the offer jim but i'm in Canada

Reply to