Changing Timing Chain 22R

I am getting ready to change the timing chain in my '84 Toyota 4x4 Pickup (22R). I will change the chain, sprockets and guides.

While I have the timing cover off, is there anything else I should change?

Nick

Reply to
Nick Funk

Water pump, if it is of unknown age, plus belts and hoses while you have them off:

-- Roger

Reply to
Roger Brown

Hit the valve over gasket while your in there, make sure the gasket comes with new front and rear 1/2 donuts. If they're not self adjusting, adjust the valves. (they should be self adjusting, I think that change happened in '82.

Reply to
?reality

Reply to
scott and barb