Check Engine, VSC Off, VSC Trac lights all lit up - 2002 4Runner 3.4

Recently all 3 lights came on and stayed on. The truck has 38,000 miles. I did a search on the net and all I'm finding is it could be the O2 sensor, a loose gas cap (checked and OK), or a cat converter. Has anyone had any experience with this situation?

Thanks

Reply to
Frank

The problem that triggered both the check engine and the VSC OFF/VSC Trac lights results in trouble codes (DTC) being stored in the ecu. To identify the source of the problem you need to have the VSC/TRAC trouble code AND the engine trouble code read. This can be done by a dealer with a hand-held tester or with any OBDII scan tool. The codes read from the ecu will identify the trouble area(s) that need to be checked.

Reply to
Glenn Arsenault

I just had the same thing happen.

A few weeks ago I was towing a small trailer and those same indicator lights came on. I figured the trailer wiring caused some type of short or malfunction. I disconnected the battery and reset the computer. The lights went out.

It was fine until two days ago when they came on as I was driving. I did not reset the computer hoping to find some way to read the codes.

Is there a way to read engine codes without a code reader?

BTW I can see the O2 sensor, etc causing the "Check Engine" light to come on but what would they have to do with the Vehicle Skid Control lights?

Reply to
Dogface