vsc Check engine lights go off

Vsc check lights go off and stay on ,what can the problem be? the car is 01 rx300.

Reply to
bking3001

When you say that the lights "go off," I'm assuming that you mean that the VSC light illuminates.

There are several reasons that the light will come on. Is the "check engine" light also illuminated? Rather than make guesses, the best approach would be to have the check the trouble codes that will be stored in the car's computer. You may be able to borrow a code scanner from some auto parts stores like AutoZone. Write down the numeric codes and post them here.

Reply to
Ray O

Try this: remove the gas cap, then put it on tight until it clicks. Then remove the negative battery cable from the battery for five minutes, then put it back on.

That might turn off the idiot lights. You might have to reset your clock.

Reply to
Me

A loose gas cap is not likely to cause the VSC lights to come on.

Reply to
Ray O

I had a loose emissions hose when my VSC light came on. There was a specific trouble code that the tech read and knew exactly whee to look to repair.

Reply to
bluto