Clutch release bearing clips, how do they fit?

I want to make sure I have the clutch release bearing clips in right...can someone give me some details on this or point me to a good online photo of the release bearing, clips, and fork.

Thanks, John

1984 Toyota Longbed pickup, 2WD, 22R carburated engine, manual trans.
Reply to
jbclem

========= ========= John, a better pic of the bearing w/clip

Marsh Monster

Thanks all for the photos. The identical clips are shown in the 1985 photo(manual). But they are flimsy and it seems to me that they could be knocked off if the car hit a really bad bump. Still, I live on a bumpy dirt road, cross a creek everyday, and until my clutch disk wore down, there was no problem with the clutch. I've got the trans almost installed, but if I'd thought about it I think I would have tried drilling a hole through the yoke and each clip and run a securing wire through each one. When you install these, facing the rear of the car you push them from right to left over the ends of the yoke and the hub flange(s). All that holds them in place is the spring pressure and it's very easy to slide them around side to side.

I also wonder if I could have converted to a latter style clutch and release bearing and yoke. Marsh, what year was the release bearing photo from?

Regards to all,

jc

give

Reply to