Crank Bolt Removal Problem 1992 4runner 3.0 l V6

I have read the other post related to this issue. I am not too excited about the bump the starter method. However, the 4 foot pipe on the breaker bar and the wussy neighbor weren't enough. Actually, the neighbor wasn't wussy (ex Marine sargent), but as he said it wasn't budging!

Will an impact wrench take this off since I have the starter pulled back and can somewhat wedge a prybar there.

Any help that doesn't involve maiming someone would be appreciated. The 4runner is undriveable now due to the state of disassembly.

Reply to
Ron

Not trying to be a smart ass, but trying a bigger pipe may be the easiest ticket. Maiming could be involved, but it should only be a little. An impact gun would definitely do the trick, but it would have to be

1/2", and I don't think one will fit in there without hitting the radiator.

BIGGER PIPE!!

Reply to
qslim

I used the "bump the starter" method a few weeks ago and it worked great.

R> I have read the other post related to this issue. I am not too excited

Where did you run the pipe or breaker bar, to the ground? Did you rest it or let it impact?

Thanks,

Ron

Reply to
Ron

Ron,

I used a breaker bar and rested it on the part of the frame that runs at

45 degrees to the main frame rails. It broke loose immediately with a single bump from the starter. Q